Saturday, June 04, 2011

Makers Market Newburgh June 4th 2011

Saturday June 4th another successful Makers Market at The Steeple. Below just two of the many artist/makers plus video.

The Steeple, Newburgh High Street, North Fife

Claire at The Steeple.

Artists Statement.
I have 2 passions in life – art & horses/most other animals……and always have since I can remember. I love observing animals & their habitat/situations, documenting their expressions, characters & their interactions with one another. My other sources of inspiration are my own surroundings, the places that I visit – near or far, I’m always documenting what I see around me to share with others & for myself, to never forget.

I am a North Fife artist who graduated from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art 15 Years ago with a B des (HONS) Illustration & Printmaking.
Since then I have worked in just about every medium available from metal, clay & recycled objects/packaging to photography & film. This journey took me full circle back to printmaking when I was offered a job in Dundee Contemporary Arts Print Studio 7 years ago. I embraced this opportunity to work as the Studio Co-ordinator on a job share basis as it allows me to continue creating my own artwork, but whether I’m on or off duty – I can usually be found in the Print Studio!
A large part of my job is teaching which I enjoy because printmaking techniques are constantly changing/improving & being updated so I never stop learning & can share this with others who may also have new approaches to offer.

I enjoy all kinds of printmaking but specialize in screen printing & photo etching. Both are very different & it’s good to have so many options for one idea.
I create my images in a variety of ways such as drawing, mono printing or using photography & manipulating the image using Photoshop.
I love to join old traditional methods of printmaking with more modern techniques of image creation in my endeavour to amuse myself & others.




Other works and website
Tel 07530919825
Blog http://clairemcvinnie.blogspot.com

I am a music man.....

John Purdie artist in Wood and Stone. Delicate wood turnings.
Phone:- 07956666337
Email artistsculptor@aol.com


Makers Market Newburgh June 4th 2011

No comments: