Saturday, April 09, 2011

Whinney Fell Cumbria

On my way back from the Midlands I called in at my friends and stayed awhile, Whinney Fell on the edge of The North West Pennines. A beautiful place with amazing vistas, on the surrounding land Grouse flourish and chatter, pheasants and chaffinch call. At 1000 Ft it's a wee bit cooler but the lack of noise and light pollution is enriching and peaceful.

Approach to the house on the Fell. OK the now, but Winter?

At 1000 Feet, Whinney Fell House.

Five barred gate at Whinney Fell.




Lakeland Mountains on the horizon to the west of Whinney Fell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whinney Fell is in Cumbria not Northumberland. I lived in this house for 5 years - 2 of my children were born there! Access in winter was hugely troublesome but it was always beautiful and always wondrous. No 2 days were ever the same.
One new year the county was frozen and I have never seen anything so beautiful in my life as the fells and sky sparkled. I miss it very much. Where else can you see waterfalls from so many windows.....

Peter Mannox said...

Thank you, my ignorance knows no bounds. Whinney Fell is indeed in Cumbria.